Import Robinhood 1099 to Turbo Tax
This article will give you instructions on how you can import your Robinhood 1099 to TurboTax online.
- Log in to TurboTax online and enter your W-2 information.
- Once you have logged in and entered your W-2 information, you will see a portion on the screen where it says Stocks, Mutual Funds, Bonds, Other and an option next to it which says Review.
- Click on Review.
- Once you click on Review, you will see a message on the screen asking you if you have sold stocks, mutual funds, bonds, or other investments. If you have sold any of these using the Robinhood app, click on Yes.
- Once you click on Yes, you will be asked what type of investment did you sell. Select the type of investment you sold, and then click on Continue.
- Once you click on Continue, you will be taken to a screen which says “Get ready to be impressed. Will import your forms directly from your financial institution”, and then once again click on Continue.
- Once you click on Continue, you will see Robinhood as an option on the screen. Click on Robinhood. If you cannot find Robinhood on the suggested options on the screen, type in Robinhood on the search bar and then click on Robinhood-Robinhood Securities.
- You will be asked for your Robinhood nine-digit account number and your document ID on the next screen. You can get this information by logging in to your Robinhood account to find your account number and your document ID.
- Log in to your Robinhood account.
- Once you have logged in, you will see a tab for Account at the upper right corner of the screen.
- Click on the Account tab.
- Once you click on the Account tab, select the option for Documents from the drop-down list. Once you click on Documents, you will see your tax documents. Click on the option which says Download pdf next to a tax document, and then open the downloaded file to see your account number and your document ID.
- Copy your account number and your document ID, then go back to TurboTax online, enter your account number and your document ID, and then click on Get my form.
- The next screen will ask you to verify if you’re a human by putting a checkmark on the box beside it, and then click on Continue.
- Once you click on Continue, all the available tax forms from Robinhood will be downloaded. Put a checkmark on all the available tax forms and then click on Continue to import that information to TurboTax online.