How to Add a New Bank Account to TD Ameritrade Desktop
Please follow the steps below to add a new bank account to TD Ameritrade desktop.
- Open the website.
- Log in with your user ID and password.
- Now you need to answer a security question. Once you answer the security question, click on Continue.
- Once you are logged in, you will see several options at the upper part of the screen. Click on the option that says My Account.
- Then you will see several options from the drop-down list. Click on the option that says Account/Bank Connections.
- On the right side of the screen, you will see a green tab that says New Connection. Click on New Connection.
- Now you have to enter the bank account details. First, select the account type whether it is checking or savings. Then under Account Type, you will see a question asking if your name is on the bank account. Click on Yes if your name is on the bank account or No if it is a third party account. After that, enter your routing number and the account number. Then click on Continue.
- After that, you have to review if all the details are correct.
- Once you review all the details, you could read the ACH Agreement. Once you read it, put a check mark next to it.
- After that, click on Submit.
- Now you have to verify your new connection. You can choose either to receive the security code via text message or phone call. Click on the option that you wish to select.
- Then, click on Continue.
- Once you receive the security code, enter it in the box. Then click Continue.
- Now you will see that your new bank account has been added