How to Add a Bank Account to Venmo
Here is a step-by-step instruction on how you can add your bank account to your Venmo app.
- Open the Venmo app on your iPhone.
- Once the app is opened, tap the icon with three horizontal stacked lines at the top right corner of the screen.
- Once you have tapped on the icon, you will see the icon for Settings at the bottom of the screen.
- Tap on Settings.
- On the Settings screen, you will see an option that says Payment Methods.
- Tap on Payment Methods.
- On the Payment Methods screen, tap on the option which says for Add bank or card.
- On the screen, tap on the option which says Bank.
- On the next screen, it will ask for bank verification. You could do either an Instant Verification to log into your bank account with your user ID and password or a Manual Verification which could take up to three business days.
- If you choose Instant Verification, you will be given a small disclosure on how Instant Verification of Venmo works. Once you have read that and you are okay with that, tap on Continue.
- On the next screen, again tap on Continue.
- On the following screen, select your bank account by tapping on your particular bank.
- Once you have selected your bank, it will ask you to enter your user ID and password and then tap on Submit.
- Once you have entered your user ID and password, you may be asked for a security code to be sent as a text or phone, depending on your financial institution.
- Once you have made your selection, tap on Continue.
- On the next screen, enter the code you received on your phone, then tap on Continue.
- Tap Next at the bottom right corner of the screen to complete the linking of your bank account.
- On the next screen, you will see your bank account with your balance and if everything looks good, tap on Add to complete the linking.