Approve the changes made by your Instacart shopper
There are times when certain items you ordered via Instacart might be unavailable or out of stock. In those instances, your Instacart shopper might able to replace that item with a similar item. For example, a particular brand of water might be out of stock but your Instacart shopper could replace that with another brand of water if you approve that change. I recently placed several orders and there were couple of instances when some of those items were out of stock and my Instacart shopper was able to replace those items with similar items after I approved those changes. In this article, I am going to provide step by step instructions on how to approve the changes made by your Instacart shopper while they are doing the shopping for you.
- Open the Instacart app on your iPhone.
- On the home screen, you will see an option which says "Your order".
- Below Your order, you will see an option which says "View order".
- Tap View order.
- On the next screen, you will see the shopping status and below that you will see an option to review changes.
- Tap Review Changes Now.
- If your shopper has replaced an item, you will see the word Replacement on the top of the item and next to the replaced item, you will see an option to approve the change.
- Tap Approve.
- Once you tap Approve, the status will change to Approved with a green check mark next to it.